Edgar and Joe’s, at two locations, is a gathering space and food operation with a social purpose. Each café makes fresh and local food available, affordable and approachable with healthy choices.
A stylish and minimalist 70-seat café is located in the Goodwill Centre, opened in 2013. Rave reviews led to the opening of another location within the Innovation Works London building on King Street. Both cafés serve a diverse clientele from all over the city.
Nutritious baked goods with high quality ingredients are freshly baked throughout the day. Sandwiches are definitely the stars of the show, from the classic BLT to innovative combinations inspired by global cuisines. Delicious soups, salads and a daily chalkboard special are on offer. The Classic Breakfast Special is a hearty standout. Other recommendations include:
• Eggs Benny with two soft poached eggs on a warm buttermilk biscuit topped with house peameal and the café’s signature hollandaise, served with home fries;
• California Veggie Sandwich with grilled zucchini, avocado, cucumber, tomato, mixed greens, sprouts & housemade vegan mayo on fresh ciabatta;
• Edgar Burger with house-ground AAA Angus chuck, charbroiled and topped with Asiago cheese, sautéed mushrooms, double- smoked bacon and shallots, on a toasted ciabatta with lettuce, tomato and house mayo.
Catering & Events
Edgar and Joe’s Café caters onsite events in their facilities, offsite corporate breakfasts and luncheons, casual gatherings, and more formal cocktail receptions. Planned menus suit a variety of events, or a custom chef-designed menu to fit your specific vision can be created.
The Goodwill Centre offers adaptable and flexible event space for groups of up to 250 guests. A Town Hall for up to 70 showcases a gorgeous 3rd floor city view. A Community Hall is ideal for weddings and larger corporate events/functions. goodwillindustries.ca/events.
Farm-to-Table Social Enterprise
1. 255 Horton Street (Goodwill Centre)
MON–FRI 7:30 am–4:30 pm
SAT & SUN 9 am–3 pm
2. 201 King Street (Innovation Works)
MON–FRI 8 am–4 pm
Saturday & Sunday Closed
Breakfast: $5 – $8
Lunch: $4.75 – $10
Fresh and Local Ingredients
Free Parking at Horton St.
Available for Private Functions