Co-owners Rob D’Amico and Chef Dave Lamers, of renowned Abruzzi in Downtown London, have brought this contemporary upscale neighbourhood tavern to Hyde Park in west-end London. An internationally-inspired menu offers something for everyone, perfect for families, a business lunch, or a great night out with friends.
Taverna 13thirtyone is in a new space designed to accommodate the vision of experienced restaurateurs, creating a relaxed yet sophisticated culinary experience. A welcoming bar has both craft beers and quality wines on tap, and a larger selection by the bottle. High ceilings with exposed ductwork and large windows letting in plenty of natural light enhance the contemporary feel, while comfortable seating is arranged for larger groups and intimate dinners. There is a private room for parties or business meetings for up to 30 guests. A seasonal patio seats 40.
Chef David Lamers and Chef Logan Withers lead the kitchen team, with a menu that celebrates local and seasonal ingredients inspired by international flavours. Charcuterie and Cheese Boards and a selection of small plate options are ideal for a communal dining experiences, or choose a small plate as a starter or a light bite. You’ll also find fresh oysters, housemade pastas and an eclectic variety of main dishes, and inspired housemade desserts.
Shareable suggestions include the Tostada of the Day, perogies, or dumplings. Try the delicious Great Lakes Fish Tacos, a fresh interpretation of KFC Chicken Wings, or the perfectly prepared Steak Tartare. Recommendations for main entrées include:
• Spatchcock Cornish Hen — whole deboned hen, smashed fingerling potatoes, roasted heirloom carrots, and hen jus;
• French Onion Burger with caramelized onions, Swiss cheese, and a potato chive bun;
• Trout Almondine with fingerling potatoes, green beans, sliced almonds, and lemon pan jus;
• Striploin Steak — a 9oz California cut with Shogun maitake mushrooms, roasted mini carrots, and red wine jus;
• “Bangers & Mash” Sausage-Stuffed Pork Loin with brown butter mashed, green beans, pea shoot salad, and red eye gravy.
Contemporary International Farm-to-Table
1331 Hyde Park Road
(S of South Carriage Rd.)
OPEN 7 DAYS A WEEK:
hours change seasonally
LUNCH: $8– $16
DINNER: $15 – $33
Beer & Wine On Tap
Private Room Available
Menus Change Seasonally
Attentive, Knowledgeable Service
Ample Free Parking